Thursday, January 5, 2012

the day before the day before the day

it's thursday afternoon, and i still have so much to do.

on sunday, i'm leaving my small town of newville. heading for a new adventure in the wild, wild western united states. here i come, douglas, wyoming! a month ago, i accepted an internship position with Wagonhound Land and Livestock Company. at Wagonhound, i'll be a breeding intern, helping with the breeding and foaling of the bajillion quarter horse mares owned by the ranch.

while i am totally ecstatic to finally have a "job" that involves my passion for horses, i am scared out of my mind for this new adventure! though i went to school in kansas, this is going to be a whole new experience, and i am totally on my own. yes, seth is driving with me to get there, but once he flies out of casper, it's just me, 2 other girls, and a 150,000 acre ranch with some pretty cool horses.

between now and sunday, i have a christmas dinner to attend this evening, a hair appointment tomorrow morning, a paycheck to pick up, a dog to bathe, horses to bathe, a party to attend, and a farm show performance. and did i mention, my birthday is tomorrow?!? this is the second year in a row that i haven't been able to make a huge deal about my birthday. i suppose i can make up for that with this party tomorrow night. but until then, i;ll be running around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to get everything done.

i'm going to try to keep this blog updated with the various adventures i experience while i'm in wyoming. perhaps it will entertain some people. perhaps it will help me appreciate my experiences more. or perhaps i'll forget about it 2 weeks into my time there. guess we'll have to wait and see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment