Wednesday, February 22, 2012

it's been a while

saturday marked the day we had baby #5. a black colt who is taller than my hip at his withers! "cash" is all leg and just a wee bit of body! monday, cash was still having some joint stiffness in his back end, so we have him some banamine. that seemed to be the trick, because he was trotting after his momma the next day!

we have 5 mares up in the barn to ensure that we won't miss anything and have babies born out in the pasture. madonna or bailey will probably be the next ones to burst!

I've also moved out of the bunkhouse to a house closer to the mare barns. it took me many trips to finally get everything moved. that was yesterday, and by this afternoon, enough snow had melted for me to move my car to this house too! I'm working on getting settled back in, but I'm lacking some motivation to unpack!

the weather doesn't seem to care that I'm not in kansas anymore! It's been blowing hard all day, and it's so gusty right now, it sounds like whistling while im sitting here in the living room!!

No comments:

Post a Comment